JSP-Loginapp is retiring
The JSP login app will be retired with the release of Airlock IAM 8.0, which is expected to be in the fall of 2022. If your Airlock IAM login pages are still based on the JSP login app, we ask that you migrate to the Loginapp REST UI by the end of 2023 at the latest. The affected IAM installations will benefit from flow-based configuration by migrating to the new technology. Thus, they will enjoy the greater flexibility and the rapidly increasing range of functions.
Airlock IAM is visible to end users in the browser in the form of login or registration pages. Airlock IAM 7.x includes two loginapp technologies for this purpose:
- JSP-Loginapp (to be removed)
- Loginapp REST UI (proven replacement)
The JSP-Loginapp has provided valuable services for many years. It is based on JSP technology, which is now 22 years old, and no longer meets today's requirements. That is why we have already started the new development in 2019: Loginapp REST UI uses the official IAM REST interfaces and is continuously extended. In the meantime, this successor has proven several times that even complex customer requirements can be implemented quickly and stably with it. It is therefore time to retire the predecessor.
The JSP-Loginapp will be removed in Airlock IAM 8.0 (planned for fall 2022) in favor of the REST API-based Loginapp REST UI. Support for IAM 7.6 and the JSP-Loginapp will be discontinued by the end of 2023.
Switching to the new Loginapp REST UI is particularly useful in the following situations:
- The JSP loginapp no longer meets your requirements.
- You are in the process of implementing new use cases in the Loginapp or plan to customize the customer journey.
- You want to redesign the Loginapp pages (UI customizing).
- You want to use the similar workflows both on the web and for a mobile app.
Webinar Loginapp Migration
Attend our webinar to get an answer to the following questions:
- Am I affected?
- When is a good time to make the switch?
- How big is the migration effort?
- Where can I get further support?